We are a Non-governmental organization working on the improvement of Heath Equity through sustained engagement with core element-approach which includes Research, Program delivery, Technical Assistance and Education.
We are providing technical support for the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey and we currently require the services of the position below for a short-term engagement towards the process of field implementation:
Job Title: Counsellor
Locations: Lagos, Oyo, Benue, Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kano, Taraba, Gombe, Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and Rivers
Slots: 96 (8 positions per state)
Duration of Engagement: 2 months maximum
- The Counsellor serves as the intermediary between the interviewer and the laboratorian during the data and blood sample collection process
- The Counsellor positions are to be applied for by typology (FSW, MSM, PWID and TG).
- S / he will be responsible for validating that the participant gave consent during contact with interviewer and the pre / post-counselling sessions.
Terms of Reference
The counsellor under the supervision of the IBBSS Field Supervision will carry out the following:
- Validate that the participant gave consent at the point of contact with interviewer
- Ensure that ethics are adhered to on the field and confidentiality of survey participants is protected
- Directs participants to laboratorian for testing
- Facilitate referrals of HIV positive Key Populations to OSS / KEY POPULATION friendly facilities for treatment and care services
- Conduct pre and post HIV counseling for all participants who consent to the survey
- May also serve as an interviewer if the need arises.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences, Sciences or Education or JCHEW / CHEW
- 1-2 years previous experience working with Key Population in HIV counseling and testing
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with consenting participants
- Knowledge of the local dialect is also paramount
- Resident in the selected state is strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply
- We are an equal opportunity organization that is committed to promoting gender equality.