The National Broadcasting Commission is a parastatal of the Federal Government of Nigeria established by Section 1 of the National Broadcasting Commission Act, Cap. NII, laws of the Federation, 2004 and vested with the responsibilities of, amongst other things, regulating and controlling the broadcasting Industry in Nigeria.
National Broadcasting Commission Act, Cap N11 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 in line with Section 5, Subsection 7 of the Act, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary to the Commission
- The Secretary to the Commission shall keep records, conduct correspondence of the Commission and carry out and perform such other duties as the Commission or the Director General may from time to time direct.
Qualification / Requirements
The Candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualification and requirements:
- Must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in any discipline in the Social Sciences and PhD is an added advantage. A minimum of 20 years Post Bachelor’s Degree experience with a minimum of five (5) years at the Directorate Level. He/she must be above 40 years of age at the time of application.
- He/she must be proficient in Media, Information and Communication Technology.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in Mass Media especially broadcasting will be an added advantage. Must provide evidence of membership of relevant reputable professional bodies in Nigeria and outside the country. Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Broadcast ecosystem.
- Must be a fair-minded, morally sound and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
Terms of Application / Condition of Service
The appointment is for a period of 4 years and is subject to renewal. The salary and other benefits enjoyed by the office.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit six (6) copies of typewritten Application, with an electronic copy on CD of Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of Credentials, functional telephone numbers and email address.
All applications are to be addressed and sent to:
Ag. Chairman, Establishment Committee,
National Broadcasting Commission,
No. 26, Ibrahim Taiwo Street, Asokoro District,
P.O.Box 5747, Abuja.