Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi.
We work with a wide range of clients, including international NGOs, national governments, regional organizations, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
In the last decade, we have worked across the African continent, delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from relatively stable societies to challenging political space. Our diverse team works closely with international and local organizations to deliver projects.
We are trusted implementation partners to UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), World Bank and the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
Founded in 2007, Dataville Research leverages many years of experience in international development and data science to provide solutions for organizations in the NGO/non-profit, health, education, agriculture and conflict resolution. We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people.
Applications are invited for:
Title: NYSC Development Practice Residency Programme
About the Programme
International development is a popular career destination for many young people. Graduates can be found working in this field in a variety of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), international organisations, consultancies, think tanks and academic institutions.
The NYSC Residency in Development Practice is a 3-month multidisciplinary professional programme which positions recent graduates as international development entry-level professionals. This programme prepares you to better identify and address the challenges of extreme poverty and sustainable development through hands-on, experiential learning.
Images of unused donor-funded agricultural machinery rusting in a field, or stories of the most advantaged people in a community benefiting from a development programme or hoarded COVID-19 palliatives are common clich’s of the failures of development programmes to take account of local contexts when trying to change them. This calls for the training of young development practitioners domiciled in underserved communities.
This programme is delivered in English and available for NYSC members only. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme.
- A First Look at Global Development
- Data Sources in International Development
- How to Break into International Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Methodology for Development
- Mobile Data Collection
- Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
- Project Management in International Development
- Template Development
- Communication for Development
- Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
- GIS Mapping for Development Projects
- Programme Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing RFPs
- ICT for Development
- Data Science for Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence for International Development
- Future of Development Aid
- Term Paper.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners drawn from a variety of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), international organisations, consultancies, think tanks and academic institutions.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
- Free professional CV writing services by our advisory team which consists of senior M&E officers, field supervisors, data scientists, and alumni interns and research fellows with years of experience delivering international development programmes.
- Support your applications to fully-funded scholarships offered by universities, foreign governments and international organizations that support development-related studies.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of graduate internship endorsed by the Society of International Development Washington, DC Chapter.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online