Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a MEAL Manager who will be responsible for effective management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency in project deliverables.
- The MEAL Manager will plan for baseline, midline and end-line surveys, post-distribution monitoring surveys, Knowledge Attitude and Practice surveys with the support of the MEAL deputy and M&E officers.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the already setup MEAL systems to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with ACF’s MEAL Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for MEAL
- Develop projects MEAL plans as per ACF and donors requirements and standards
- Support M&E officers in the development of ToRs and data collection tools for surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and project reviews / evaluations, including sampling and assessment methodologies
- In collaboration with the MEAL HOD and DHOD and field teams, lead in the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting
- Validate the analysis of MEAL data of different projects as needed through Excel, SPSS or other statistical software submitted by M&E officers
- Support development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on MEAL findings
- Support development of project proposal if required by MEAL technical team
- Support MEAL HOD and DHODs to conduct and operationalize MEAL capacity assessment among MEAL and project staff Support MEAL HoD and DHODs to build the capacity of staff, including training needs assessment and preparation of step down plan
- Support the set up of Feedback Complaints Mechanism channels at base level in collaboration with Accountability officer.
- Support investigation of sensitive complaints, if required by the audit department
- With support from MEAL HOD and DHODs, institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted
- Advise and update the Project Managers on all aspects of MEAL regularly, including findings and recommendations.
- To represent ACF at the state level and where appropriate, cluster, working groups, workshops and strategic think tanks related to the department.
- To proactively collaborate with national authorities, ACF counterparts and staff, partner agencies, consortia / alliances / partnerships and other relevant external stakeholders
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming
- Proven management and coordination skills (projects and stress management)
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to remote field sites
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis contexts
- Familiarity with major institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Shuwa, etc.)
Minimum Basic Salary
N424,310 NGN per month
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.