KPMG Nigeria – Our client is an institute established as a collaboration between the National Sugar Development Council (in Nigeria) and key sugar industry players. The major mandate of the institute is to provide critical Research and Development efforts and engage in technical manpower development for the Nigerian sugar industry.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General / Managing Director
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Job Type: Full time
- To ensure the achievement of the institute’s strategic objectives, the NSDC and other stakeholders seek a qualified candidate to fill the role of Managing Director / Director General – a leader with a wide range of experience in the sugar industry, international exposure and the ability to attract grants and research consultancy for the institution.
- Promote strategic initiatives and execution that will effectively address the unique research and development as well as capacity development challenges facing the nigeria sugar industry.
- Build commitment to the company’s strategic direction by inviting others into the strategic process, forging relationships inside and outside the institute, and navigating the political landscape – evidence of this in the candidate’s profile will be useful.
- Attract grants and research consultancy for the institution – this is highly desirable and we would like to see evidence of this in the candidate’s profile).
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Agricultural Sciences or related field.
- MSc / MA in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience, 7 of which must have been in executive management / leadership.
- Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Robust knowledge / experience and understanding of the domestic and global sugar industry landscape.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Proven ability to attract grants and research consultancy for the institution (with evidence of having done this in the past).
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.