The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest is a global art contest from the stable of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Japan. The contest is open to Nigerian children who are under the age of 8 and 15 out of which nine contestants will emerge finalists.
How will your dream car make the world a better place? Every year, thousands of children share their dreams with us. Join them and discover just how powerful dreaming can be. Remember, the National Contest is followed by the World Contest. The participants can win great prizes locally, get opportunity to visit Japan for an Award Ceremony. In addition, young dreamers are given tours at a Toyota factory and can experience various aspects of Japanese culture.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 14th TOYOTA DREAM CAR ART CONTEST
Contest Theme: Your Dream Car
- Begin to practice now till contest Day in February 2021
- 7 years old and under
- 8 – 11 years
- 12 – 15 years
Note: A participant must fall within but not above or plus the age category indicated on his/her entry form and birth certificate as at the day of drawing.
The National Contest
- Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, there shall be no physical gathering of participants this year at drawing centres. Particiapants will draw at the schools invited by Toyota (Nigeria) Limited and drawings will be collected immediately after drawing.
- Participants should download the Entry Form HERE . Print out in colour, fill out the form in capital letters and write your names as it appears on your birth certificate
- A clear passport photograph and A clear photocopy of your birth certificate must be attached to the Entry Form. Note: Forms without pictures or forms not properly filled will be disqualified.
- Each form MUST be endorsed by participants parents/legal guardians after reading and accepting the terms and conditions of the contest at www.toyotanigeria.com
The World Contest
- Winning drawings at the national contest in Nigeria will be sent to Japan for assessment. If your drawing wins at the world contest, the winner will receive a prize money of $5,000 to be used for educational purpose
- The Winner’s school (as at the time of the contest) will be given $10,000 to be used for educational purposes. The money wil be given at the going official rate in local currency as at the time of presentation
- Winners at the world contest will be announced in the second quater of 2021
- No trips to Japan
- Port Harcourt and Abuja: February 5, 2021
- Lagos: February 12, 2021
- Three finanlists will emerge from each category
- All 9 finalist at the national level will be presented with gifts and certificates by Toyota (Nigeria) limited
- Names of winners will be annouced in a national newspaper and on www.toyotangeria.com in the first quater of 2021
- Participants should consider these factors when drawing: A concept that would solve mobility challenges for people all over the world. A concept that is unique, creative, safe and environmental friendly
- Submission that have previously been released, submissions that have been entered in other contests, and submissions that infringe on a third party’s copyrights will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
- Drawings that resemble the previous Toyota Dream Car Art Contest artworks, famous paintings, and that include trademarked characters.
- Family members of employees of Toyota or Toyota Motor Corporation related companies are also eligible to participate.
- Any private information collected as part of the contest will not be used for any other purpose.
- Award-winning artworks of the Contest will not be returned.
- All rights in the submitted artworks, including but not limited to publication, use, adaption, editing, and revision rights, will belong to Toyota Motor Corporation.
- The submitted artworks may be used in advertisements and printed materials by Toyota Motor Corporation and partner companies that have supported the contest and obtained an official approval by Toyota Motor Corporation for the purpose of advertising.
- Prize eligibility may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- The winners must submit to Toyota Motor Corporation a declaration attesting that they meet the eligibility requirements and an agreement that they will not submit their award-winning artworks to any other art contest.
- This contest will be invalid in regions which are prohibited or restricted legally.
- Handling of personal information
For Enquiries: Please direct your enquiries to: [email protected] or text message to 08033046077