East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship: You are invited to apply for East Tennessee State University international students Academic Merit Scholarship. The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to eligible new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
This Scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs (Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Grad Assistantship, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government funding, Fulbright grants, etc. Scholarship cannot be used when students are paying in-state, or Erate tuition.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): East Tennessee State University, USA
Scholarships to be taken at: East Tennessee State University, USA
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate & Graduate
Scholarship Worth: $12,500 & $11,500 per year respectively
Subject Eligibility: Various Courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate students in various courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation)
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at East Tennessee State University, USA
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the East Tennessee State University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
All international students who apply for admission to the university are considered for the scholarship. Upon admission, applicants who meet the following criteria will be offered the scholarship automatically:
Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in their admission letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks from the date on the admissions letter.
Application Deadline: Ongoing