Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Relationship Management Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- The Retail Relationship Management Officer is a part of the sales team who builds and maintains relationships with customers, develops, exploits and consummates sales opportunities, drawing in prospective retail customers.
- To observe the competition to see what strategies are being used in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- To contribute to retail business development and execution of branch retail sales plans, in order to achieve desirable profitability.
- To book quality retail loans and monitor for effective and efficient performance of such loans – This was not included before.
- To foster a productive, value-adding relationship between the bank and customers.
- To support the Retail Cluster Head to grow a portfolio of profitable customers in pursuit of specific sales, service, growth and opportunity targets
- To contribute to a strong customer-focused service culture in the Branch.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
- Execute branch retail sales strategy reflective of the local market conditions to ensure that sales targets are met. This includes having product knowledge, cross selling and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area to drive optimal achievement sales opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- To focus on driving customer acquisition and growing volumes, especially in the area of Retail business in the Bank through opening of different types of accounts.
- To give feedback to the sales team and product management in market situations on new product/existing product development/upgrade for growing small and medium scale businesses and individuals in our marketing environment.
- Conduct daily meetings with other retail sales team (Marketing Associates), carrying out reviews on the previous day activities and jointly plan for the week ahead.
- Manages and maintains current retail business relationships and seek new accounts through sales
- Engage in retail business development activities and solicitation of new retail business; be actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustain client loyalty.
- The collective targets for the MAs are sole responsibilities of the Retail, RMO who supervises all the activities of MAs under his/her purview.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective customers
- Creatively engage customers as contactless as possible
- Visiting clients and potential customers to evaluate needs or promote products and services
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with the bank’s risk appetite statement and to maximize profit from that transaction.
- Comply with the Bank’s complaint resolution process to resolve the matter, maintain our high service standards and mitigate further risks / losses.
- Minimize risks through adherence to KYC compliance as per the bank policies and procedures in all your operations to minimize losses due to frauds.
- Discuss loan terms and conditions, and conduct collateral risk analysis to ensure compliance with the banks policies and procedures
- Ensure all documentation is valid and complete in assigned portfolio.
- Adhering to the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Extract and analyse financial statements, cash flow forecasts and other complex financial reports, providing accurate assessment
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Analyze financial statements of new customer and evaluate all loan documents.
- Contributes to the growth of deposits, loans and overdrafts to increase profitability of the branch.
- Draft and assist the Retail Cluster Head to complete deposit funding and credit proposal papers.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective customers
- Answering customer questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability
- Deliver and always maintain customer service standards, for improved service delivery.
- Log customers’ complaints through the customer query register identifying the root causes and addressing them at source to prevent recurrence.
- Provide appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel to ensure that customers’ needs are met.
- Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters.
- Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serves as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognize and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
- Complies with the use of appropriate processes and procedures expected of all members of staff who are constantly in contact with the customers.
- Advice customers on financial services
- Handles customer complaints and solve problems
- Engaging customers on banking products and services
- Approach and sign on new customers
- Collaborate with peers in the branch to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Wellbeing culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
- Role model and live the Bank’s Values while adhering to all corporate HR policies
- Exhibit Good leadership skill
- Has a direct responsibility and accountability for the performance of all MA in the branch
Job Experience and Qualifications
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Any Discipline. Additional Qualification will be an added Advantage
- Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 3 years cognate experience
- Professional Certification: CIBN
- Experience: Sales and Marketing
- Digitally Savvy
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strategic thinking and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online