Study in Canada Scholarships 2021-2022: Global Affairs Canada is pleased to announce the opening of applications for Canada scholarships program for international students for 2021-2022 academic year. The program will offer academic scholarships for up to two years of study at the post-secondary level that leads to a diploma, post-graduate, certificate or master’s degree at a college or university in Canada.
The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open to students from all disciplines. Candidates must first apply for admission to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution to be eligible for the scholarship. Eligible candidates are hereby invited to apply for the Global Affairs Canada Scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Global Affairs Canada
Scholarship to be taken at: Canadian College or University
Scholarship level: Undergraduate, Masters
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Subject Eligibility: Any Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses tenable in any Canadian University.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
Africa House Fellowship Programs at New York University has been blessed to get external donor funding to offer four (4) research grants for present undergraduate and graduate scholars looking for funding assistance for short-term fellowship opportunities.
- March 1st, 2021 – Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship
- March 1st, 2021 – NYU Africa House Thoyer Fellowship
- Robert Holmes Travel/Research Award for African Scholarship
- 1st March 2021 – NYU Gallatin and Africa House Bergman Summer Fellowship:
To be Taken at (country): USA
Africa House Fellowship Programs at New York University include:
- Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship;
- NYU Africa House Thoyer Fellowship;
- African Scholarship – Robert Holmes Travel/Research Award; and
- NYU Gallatin and Africa House Bergman Summer Fellowship
Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship: This program of $1,500 is granted to 2 students to fund expenses related to research activities linked to the search for groundbreaking solutions that have the capacity to enhance the lives of persons in the developing world.
- Economic and Political Theory
- Economic Development and Technology
- Food and Agricultural Markets
- Migration and Diaspora
- Cultural Norms, Local Governance, and Development of Property Rights
Eligibility for Africa House Fellowship Programs at New York University (Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship)
- Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at New York University, graduating no earlier than May 2022.
Requirements for Africa House Fellowship Programs at New York University (Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship)
- Narrate how you plan to partake in the intellectual life of Africa House/CTED in the Africa House Fellowship Application Form.
- 1 research paper giving findings of research project Co-author/ author to be submitted to Africa House/CTED in Spring 2022.
- Research findings should be presented in person at Africa House in Spring 2022.
- Cover letter
- 2 recommendation letters (referees should email letters directly to [email protected])
- 2-3 page Africa-focused research proposal. The proposal could be an outline of your research or a study that is currently underway that will be additionally improved by the fellowship.
- Africa House Fellowship Application Form
NYU Africa House Thoyer Fellowship: This fellowship of $2,500 is granted to two 2 exceptional graduate scholars to support Africa-focused study and research in the areas of economics, political economy, and related fields. Fellowships may be utilized to fund travel expenses, living costs, tuition, books, research costs, and other pertinent costs while studying or pursuing research at New York University.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Study in Canada Scholarships 2021-2022 | ELIGIBILITY
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- must be enrolled as full-time students at post-secondary institutions in the eligible countries/territories and paying any tuition fees required by these institutions at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange;
- who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, or who have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada are not eligible; and
- already enrolled in a program at a Canadian post-secondary institution are not eligible.
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration of studies:
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
How-to-Apply: Canadian post-secondary institutions may submit an application on behalf of an admitted student who meets the eligibility criteria and has indicated interest in the Study in Canada Scholarships Program.
Application Deadline: 30st March, 2021