Victoria Graduate Scholarship is one of the scholarships sponsored by Victoria University of Wellington for international students and New Zealand students. Victoria Graduate Scholarship is accessible to scholars who want to embark on Graduate Program in 2021.
The primary goal of the university is to offer quality, thorough training and educational opportunities that are well-matched with the varying needs of the students.
The university has a custom of acquiring powerful worldwide links in research and teaching, and programs of national value and global quality.
As a prospective candidate, candidates must provide a latest International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where they acquired an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or more in the IELTS General or Academic Module.
The Victoria Graduate Scholarship is granted to Graduate Programs and the scholarship is offered to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
The program will take place in New Zealand.
The eligible countries are New Zealand and all foreign nations.
Benefits of Victoria Graduate Scholarship
Victoria Graduate Scholarship comprises of domestic tuition fees payable for the selected degree program up to the value of $5,000. The Awards are granted exclusively on the grounds of academic excellence, and the number of scholarships differs.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for Victoria Graduate Scholarship
To be eligible for Victoria Graduate Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- The proposed program must comprise minimum of 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- Victoria Graduate Scholarship are not obtainable for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students aiming to embark on the 4th year of a four year undergraduate degree program e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be acknowledged if it is identified as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Candidates are expected to have attained minimum of an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. Minimum of 60 of these points must be in their selected major or, for a major that necessitates less than 60 points; the added points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a connected subject.
- Victoria Graduate Scholarship will be granted only on the basis of academic excellence by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Candidates are expected to have attained at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. Minimum of 60 of these points have to be in their nominated major or, for a major that necessitates lesser than 60 points: the added points must be in a 300 level subject connected to their major.
- Victoria Graduate Scholarship is granted based on the money available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Having a Victoria Graduate Scholarship is conditional on the scholarship beneficiary getting enrolment in their proposed Honors or Master’s program.
- Victoria Graduate Scholarship is for domestic tuition fees only while studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not accessible for field trips or exchanges.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates could be able to prove that they possess an English speaking background if they have been in skilled employment in New Zealand for at least 12 months or they can show:
-completed primary and at least three years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed at least five years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed a tertiary course of three years or more at academic institutions using English.
How to Apply for Victoria Graduate Scholarship
- An online application will be accessible nearly one month before the deadline.
- Enrolling as an Honors or Master’s student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Scholarship are two different procedures.
- The holding of a Victoria Graduate Scholarship is dependent on the scholarship beneficiary gaining enrollment into their intended Honors or Master’s program.
Deadline: The application deadline of the scholarship is annually in November.
To apply, here is the Application Form.
To inquire further about Victoria Graduate Scholarship, please visit the Official Website