International Council of Ophthalmology – ICO Fellowship is an entirely covered scholarship for foreign students. ICO Fellowship offers the beneficiaries about US$50,000 allowance to help finance living costs and return travel.
The ICO Fellowship is accessible to budding ophthalmologists from all over the globe who want to go into basic or clinical research at a selected university. One of the key goals and obligations of the ICO is to enhance ophthalmic education to improve eye care and add to the conservation and restoration of vision all over the globe. In order to satisfy this obligation, the ICO Fellowship offers instructional programs and projects to reinforce and promote ophthalmic education, chiefly in developing countries.
- Level of Study: Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The selected university (preferably in a foreign country where they live)
- Country(s): All over the world
- Courses Offered: Ophthalmology
- Duration of Program: Subject to the program
- Deadline: March 31st / September 30th (yearly)
Benefits of ICO Fellowship
ICO Fellowship provides the beneficiaries about US$50,000 allowance to help fund living costs and return travel.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for ICO Fellowship
Candidates must satisfy the requirements below to be eligible for ICO Fellowship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- Research Requirements:
- Details of former work in the field of the application
- Comprehensive CV, as well as full publications list and impact factors
- Authorization of the present program director
- Achievability confirmation of selected host university
- A comprehensive account of how research work should be continued in the course of the fellowship
- Sustainability statement, e.g., approval from the current program director that the applicant may come back after his/her fellowship and resume his/her position.
- Basic Requirements:
- At least 12 months of research exercise.
- Online application on the ICO Fellowship website.
- Applications will be considered for research work in the following sub-specialties: Glaucoma, Retina, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Tumors, Dry Eye, Uveitis, and Cornea.
- Copy of specialist exam in ophthalmology that must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- The ICO Fellowship program recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications From HERE.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration to know more about members of the ICO click HERE.
- To know more about the eligibility requirements click here.
- How to Apply for ICO Fellowship
Please follow the following steps to apply for this fellowship:
- You will need to generate an ICO Account if you do not already have one.
- Select a Fellowship: After specifying your country, the ICO Fellowship(s) you are qualified for will be revealed.
- Complete Eligibility Check: Applicants will be demanded to submit their details in order to determine if you are eligible to be given the selected ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Review: After your detail is submitted to the ICO your eligibility will be decided. You will be informed of the conclusion and asked to complete the application or notified that you are not qualified.
- Apply to a Host Training Center: If you are qualified, you will select and apply to a host. Please be informed that you can only apply to onehost at a time.
- Host Application Review: Your request will be reviewed by the host you have picked. If accepted, you will have to confirm details agreed upon between you and the host. If your request is declined, you will need to pick another host.
- Fellowship Application Submitted: You will be informed that your application is finalized and will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Board.
To inquire further about ICO Fellowship, please visit Official Website.