SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship is an opportunity for students who hail from Sub-Saharan African nations, and possess exceptional academic records. These scholars are offered DAAD merit scholarships by DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development. The scholarship is offered yearly. The scholarship will take place at University of the Western Cape, South Africa while scholarship and internship will be at Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
Deadlines of Application for Various Programs
- The MA in Development Studies – next deadline 20th of June, 2021. To apply online, see the “How to apply” category of the program)
- The Master in Public Administration – next deadline 20th June, 2021. To apply online see the “How to apply” category of the program)
- The MA in Development Management – Bochum Program, next deadline 30th November, 2021.
- The different PhD options at the center (PhD UWC)
NB: There is a separate online application section, access and procedures available through the “How to apply” category of the Bochum program or through the course homepage. There won’t be a call for applications for the 2022.
Eligible Countries:Nations in Sub-Saharan Africa
Location: University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
Study Level: Masters, PhD
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Eligible Field of Study
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship is accessible to full-time students of:
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- MA in Development Management (Bochum Program – next deadline 30th November 2021.
- PhD options at the CDR
SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship – About
So as to effectively prepare the next cohort of leaders by research-oriented training, it is not enough to have the prospect to grant scholarships to talented applicants from all over Sub-Saharan Africa, but it is also essential to uphold a solid research focus on the work of the center and to collaborate closely with other foremost universities in the region.
Eligibility for SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship
Scholars applying for this Scholarship are advised to judiciously read about the precise entry conditions, and course application guidelines of the program of their choice. The details are available at the corresponding program sections.
In addition to program prerequisites, all SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship candidates have to satisfy the requirements below:
- Candidates should come from Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Candidates should have an exceptional academic history – minimum of 70% for last degree.
- Candidates should apply in six years of having accomplished their last degree.
- The program must have been accomplished at an internationally acknowledged university.
- The last degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic field which is connected to Development Studies or Public Administration.
- South African applicants are expected to have an honors degree so as to be enrolled to a Master’s degree course. Other applicants need the equivalent of four year undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must submit proof of English Proficiency – written and spoken. It can be TOEFL test, a comparable standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary skill in your area of interest would be a recommendation.
- Females are very heartened to apply
- South African individuals are heartened to apply
- Candidates should be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the necessary duration.
Benefits of SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship
- SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship offers monthly stipend of 650 Euro with travel stipend for Master applicants, and 900 Euro with travel stipend for PhD applicants.
- Tuition and all registration expenses are financed by the Scholarship Program.
Duration of Scholarship: for period of the program
How to Apply for SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship
- To apply for SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants will have to fill in an electronic application form.
- Since the e-form can only be submitted once, please ensure that your application is finished before submitting it.
It is vital to go through the application requirements official Website before you apply.
To inquire further and apply for SA-GER-CDR Postgraduate Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.