The Drama Series Playwright Competition is pleased to announce that the competition for 2022 has been set to motion. The Drama Series Playwright Competition is calling for submissions for its 2022 playwriting competition. The reward and publication to be won during this contest are dependent on the playwright’s assenting to the terms of the publishing agreement.
Yale University – About
Yale University is a private Ivy League research and academic institution of higher learning, which is located in New Haven, Connecticut. The renowned university was established in the year 1701 as the Collegiate School. Yale is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the USA, and one of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution. The Collegiate School changed name from Yale College in 1718 to honor the school’s largest private sponsor for the first century of its presence. Elihu Yale Yale is structured into 14 constituent schools; the original undergraduate college, the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and 12 professional schools.
By publishing significant works that impacts global understanding of human affairs, Yale University Press helps in the unearthing and spreading of light and truth, lux et veritas, which is a fundamental purpose of Yale University. The publications of the Press are books and other items that further scholarly investigation, progress interdisciplinary inquiry, arouse public debate, enlighten both within and outside the classroom, and improve cultural life. In its obligation to increasing the series and vigor of intellectual pursuits within the university and elsewhere, Yale University Press persistently widen its prospects to embody university publishing at its best.
Drama Series Playwright Competition – Summary
- Award Type: Entrepreneurs
- Academic Institution/Organization: Yale University
- Country to study: United States
- Course to study: Not specified
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 15th, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Drama Series Playwright Competition
Beneficiaries of Drama Series Playwright Competition will be offered the benefits below:
- The recipient of this yearly competition will be granted the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000,
- The recipient is entitled to a publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press, and a staged reading at Lincoln Center’s Claire Tow Theater.
- The prize and publication offered to recipient depends on the playwright’s assenting to the terms of the publishing agreement.
There is no entry fee.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities Here
- Abdullah Gül University Scholarship in Turkey 2021
- Wellcome UK Government Scholarships 2021 | Fully Funded
- Barcelona GSE Scholarships in Spain 2021
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition in UK 2021
Eligibility for Drama Series Playwright Competition
To be eligible for Drama Series Playwright Competition, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Drama Series Playwright Competition is solely for plays written in the English language.
- Submissions are accepted worldwide.
- Submissions have to be unique, unpublished complete-length plays written in English. Translations, adaptations, musicals, and children’s plays will not be acknowledged. The competition is proposed to assist budding playwrights. Playwrights could win the competition just once.
- Applicants may submit just one manuscript in a year.
- Plays that are already professionally produced or published are not qualified. The ones that have had a reading, workshop, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be accepted.
- Submitted play cannot be commissioned, under option, or undergoing professional production or publication at the period of submission.
- Plays must be:
- In standard professional play format
Terms and conditions:
- The competition has the right to not accept any submission for any reason best known to them.
- The competition has the right of the judge to not select a winner for any given year of the competition, and holds the right to decide on the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the achievements of the author.
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2021
How to Apply for Drama Series Playwright Competition
To apply for Drama Series Playwright Competition, please follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified persons should visit Yale on yup.submittable.com to apply for Drama Series Playwright Competition.
- Applicants can enter the Drama Series Playwright Competition in 2 ways:
- Electronic Submission
- Hardcopy Submission
To inquire further about Drama Series Playwright Competition, please visit the official website.