University of Auckland welcomes submissions for the School of Medical Sciences Scholarship. The scholarship is to assist international master’s students with a tuition fees credit of about $20,000 per year. The major purpose of the scholarship is to attract new foreign students of high competence to enroll in master’s level study for one year or two years at the School of Medical Sciences, in Medical and Health Sciences Faculty, University of Auckland.
University of Auckland – About
The University of Auckland is a public academia founded in Auckland, New Zealand. It is the leading, most all-inclusive and highest-ranked university in New Zealand, and consistently get placed among the Top 100 universities in the world by QS World Rankings.
The university has earned a place in the best ten of International Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings 2021. It was formally opened on 23rd of May, 1883 as Auckland University College, part of the University of New Zealand. An inhabited courthouse and jail was used for lectures for the 95 students and 4 teaching staff.
The establishment developed slowly but gradually during the rest of the 19th century. By the year 1901, it had ascended to 156 students. Most of the scholars were enrolled part-time, training as law clerks or teachers, though after 1905 the number of commerce scholars surged strikingly.
School of Medical Sciences Scholarship – Summary
- University: The University of Auckland
- Award Type: Postgraduate
- Country to Study; New Zealand
- School to study; University of Auckland
- Course to study: Not specified
- Nationalities: International students
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021
Aim and Benefits of School of Medical Sciences Scholarship
Beneficiaries of School of Medical Sciences Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- About 5 awards of $20,000 per year will be granted and paid as a compulsory fees credit.
- Scholarship awards are for a period of up to 2 years.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities Here
- Abdullah Gül University Scholarship in Turkey 2021
- Wellcome UK Government Scholarships 2021 | Fully Funded
- Barcelona GSE Scholarships in Spain 2021
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition in UK 2021
Eligibility for School of Medical Sciences Scholarship
To be eligible for School of Medical Sciences Scholarship applicant must satisfy the requirements below;
- The scholarship may be given only to new foreign students who have gotten an offer of study to embark on a Master of Science in Pharmacology, Master of Biomedical Science, or Master of Science in Physiology.
- Scholars who have already started their program are not qualified for consideration for this Scholarship.
- The award is tenable by foreign applicants.
- The selection will be based on academic merit as evaluated by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the latest qualifying program. Applicants must possess a GPA/GPE of 7.00 or above in their most recent qualifying program to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- The program of study or nation of origin of the candidate, and the University’s strategic goals and the objectives of the School of Medical Sciences could also put into consideration by the Selection Board.
- Payment will be done as a contribution towards obligatory tuition fees in every semester of enrolment.
- The University of Auckland Council has the authority to dismiss or suspend a Scholarship if it gets a report of disappointing progress of a Scholar from the Associate Dean of the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences (Postgraduate).
How to apply for School of Medical Sciences Scholarship
To apply for School of Medical Sciences Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Submission is done through the Scholarships Office.
- A Selection Board evaluates the submissions.
- The award is granted by the University of Auckland Council on the approval of the Selection Board.
- Applications will ordinarily open around six weeks previously the deadline. Please go over the guidelines judiciously to be sure you are qualified before you apply.
- Application deadline is 1st of December, 2021.
To inquire further and apply for School of Medical Sciences Scholarship, please visit the official website.