Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship is sponsored by FCDO – Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office. The scholarship award enables gifted and motivated persons acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable growth, and are intended at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The purpose of the program is to expand access to UK equipment and proficiency for top quality doctoral applicants from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations, and to impact UK and Commonwealth higher education and research via teamwork and partnerships. The targeted beneficiaries are top-quality graduates whose proposed research has a developmental concentration, and who have the prospect of becoming influential teachers or researchers in their home nations.
Common wealth Scholarships – About
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission formed the UK government scholarship structure for international development goals. The program is an executive non-departmental public body, financed by the Department for International Development (DFID). The body operates within the agenda of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP), and is a clear display of the UK’s enduring obligation to the Commonwealth.
- Award Type: Postgraduate
- Awarding Organization: Commonwealth
- Location of Study: United Kingdom
- Course to Study: Not stated
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Deadline: August 13th, 2021
Benefits of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Sponsored airfare from your location to the UK and return at the conclusion of your award (the CSC will not pay back the cost of fares for dependents, nor the cost of trips made before your award is established).
- Award will cover the approved tuition fee.
- Stipend at the value of £1,116 monthly, or £1,369 monthly for individuals at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2020-2021 levels)
- Allowance for warm clothing, where appropriate.
- Study travel fund for the cost of study-related travel in the UK or abroad.
- For a widow, divorced, or a single parent, there will be child allowance of £478 monthly for the 1st child, and £118 monthly for the 2nd and 3rd child under the age of 16, if your children come with and they are saying with you at the same address in the UK.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities Here
- Abdullah Gül University Scholarship in Turkey 2021
- Wellcome UK Government Scholarships 2021 | Fully Funded
- Barcelona GSE Scholarships in Spain 2021
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition in UK 2021
Eligibility for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
To be eligible for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Applicants must citizens of or have been given refugee status by an appropriate Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Person.
- Applicants must be permanent resident in a qualified Commonwealth nation.
- Applicants must be registered for a Ph.D. at a university in a qualified Commonwealth nation by the period your scholarship begins (November/December 2021)
- Make certain that an institutional or departmental connection exists between your home university and your projected UK University. This connection must be better than simply a association between individuals – see the section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for additional information. Both supervisors must submit a supporting statement that delivers further details of the link to guarantee that your application is eligible.
- Interested applicants must be available to begin their academic studies in the UK in January 2022.
- By December 2021, they must have a first degree of at (2:1) honors standard, or a second-class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Interested applicants should be incapable of affording to study in the UK without this sponsorship.
Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
How to Apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
To apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified should visit the Common wealth Scholarships on fs29.formsite.com link to apply.
- Make sure you apply to study at a UK university that has a part funding agreement with the CSC. Check the CSC’s online application form to complete and submit your application.
To inquire further about Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, please visit the official website.