Mastercard Foundation in partnership with McGill University, Canada is welcoming applications from African students for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers it beneficiaries the change to pursue a fully-funded Masters program at the partnered university and upon return to home countries are also offered internships to enhance their skills.
A central goal of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is to create a globally educated and highly qualified group of future leaders, who, upon graduation, can return to Africa to help foster the region’s development.-Advertisements-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation/ McGill University
Scholarship to be taken at: McGill University
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: See scholarships benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several (not stated).
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill | Eligibility Criteria
There are no specific eligibility criteria for this program, but applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill should note;
- Scholarships are for scholars from the sub-Saharan Africa
- Prospective applicants can find the full list of MCF eligible programs here.
- Applicants should have completed their first degree progam prior to applying to Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill
- Selection will be by nomination based on departmental admission proceedings.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Components:
The scholarship, aside from covering full sponsorship, comprises of the following components
- Leadership Development
- Peer Mentorship
- Faculty Mentorship and
- International Pathway To Knowledge Bursary At University Canada West, Canada
- University Of Ottawa Canada International Student Scholarship
- Top 10 Engineering Universities in Canada Today
- How to Get Paid to Stay in Hotels as a Hotel Tester & Some Best Payers
- Artsy Bucket Scholarships Program in USA, 2021
- Global Scholar Award at Marquette University in USA 2022
- Study in Germany: UNITECH International Program 2022-23
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2021
- Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students to Study in UK [Fully Funded]
- University of Western Ontario International Scholarships in Canada 2021
How-to-Apply: Candidates applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill must first apply for a course at McGill University to pursue a Masters (Non-thesis) program. Nominations and selections are there after made from candidates department applied to study.
- Select Eligible Course of Study
- Verify that they are eligible to apply.
- If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant may request nomination from the department via email.
This request should have the following information enclosed:
- University Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short Personal Statement (max. 350 words).
If an applicant has been nominated, they will be prompted to create an account on the uApply portal and share the username with the nominating department.
Application Deadline: now OPEN for Fall 2021